Happy New year! S Novim Godom!


Well, well my friends...Can you believe a whole year has passed and it is the New Year’s eve again?

This time last year I was complaining about New Year always making me feel like a bit of a CHMO with no friends, as we never go anywhere and always stay at home. 

I am happy to announce that, this year, for some unknown reason, we have been elevated from the CHMO status! We have been invited to celebrate the New Year at our local friends’ houses. Yes, two different houses, two invitations, can you believe this? Had to say no to one friend, only because we had already said yes to another! Oh, what a tough life! 

But I have to tell you a secret. I always complain about having nothing to do for New year, and now, I kind of wish I was staying at home. With my favourite duck and the Russian salad. I even feel a bit sad, to be honest. Perhaps, it has something to do with me being pregnant, and therefore not in my best party mood ever...Or maybe I just feel strange going for a non-Soviet style new year dinner. I was told we were having a lamb tagine for the main course. I mean, I  don’t mind a lamb tagine at all! But what about my duck? 

So, to cheer myself up and feel like I am still going to have my Russian/Azeri/Soviet whatever it is, New Year celebration, I have prepared the Russian Stolichniy salad anyway.

Husband laughed. He was asking if I intended to take it along tonight to go with the lamb. Maybe not? I replied as I stood there chopping vegetables in a frenzy. I might not have it tonight. But tomorrow, on the 1st of January, just like  every year of my life, I will have some Stolichniy salad.  

One of the best New Year celebrations  I ever had was back in Baku, when 4 of my girlfriends and I sneaked a bottle of champagne and a large jar of black caviar in the Hyatt Regency Jacuzzi where we sat for an hour, laughing and drinking. Not only we had champagne but my friend produced crystal glasses out of her sports bag, which was just wonderfully crazy in a very Russian way.  The American girlfriend of ours tried to protest due to H&S issues of the crystal glasses and Jacuzzi, but was told to stop being so American, which she promptly did after the first glass and a large spoon full of caviar. Oh, the good old crazy days in Baku! 

Anyway, I have to go do my nails now, as you do.  I just wanted to wish you all a fantastic night, whatever you are doing, whether you are at home enjoying a Russian salad or a lamb tagine, or sipping champagne in a Jacuzzi.  And a very happy 2011! Hope your dreams come true and thank you for visiting this blog!
Back in 2011!

Comments

  1. Happy New Year to you as well! I have to get out of my robe now and start getting ready to go out to a NY party, if I don't fall asleep first :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all your dreams come true too, Scary Azeri.
    ;)
    ¡Feliz Año Nuevo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. S Noveem Godom, dear Scary! Have a great one! jaht

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jaht! Hope you had a great one. I am a bit depressed as I have to face going back to work tomorrow. after two weeks of lazying around and getting up almost at 9:30am...I have a 6am start. SUCKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. taza il mubarek olsun! :) Feliz año, happy new year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. pozdravlyayu s nastupivshim 2011! Jelayu vam tvorcheskix udach i zdorovya! Ya ponimayu cto u vas navernoye ne tak mnoqo druzey i znakomix v UK - prosto zaxotela poslat vam tepliy drujeskiy privet iz rodini, nadeyus on nemnojko soqreyet vam dushu ;-) a za blog otdelnoye spasibo, priyatno chitat vrode bi znakomiye nam do boli temi i vse je eshe raz vzqlanut na sebya 'so storoni' ;-)
    S uvajeniyem,
    Zulya

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Zulya: Spasibo. U menya ne tak mnogo "nashih" druzey zdes, hotya est neskolko. No posle 10 let jizni zdes, u menya dostatochno uje mestnih druzey, so I dont feel lonely. I miss home and especially home as it used to be in my childhood. But thank you again, very kind wishes!

    Hope you have a wonderful 2011 too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts